Full Time – Tropical Plant Care Assistant /
Customer Service / Cashier / Labourer
Year-Round, Weekdays & Weekends
This year-round position also includes assisting where needed in all areas of our operation. Tasks will include, but are not limited to: caring for 1000’s of tropical plants, customer service, cashier, unloading trucks and carts, pricing, and maintaining displays. We are looking for a friendly individual with recent cashier experience and plant knowledge. This position also includes cleaning plants, weekly grooming and sweeping, maintaining displays, basic computer tasks, snow removal, and providing customers with accurate information for continued gardening success.
Job Includes the following:
- Tropical Plant Maintenance, weekly grooming, cleaning and pruning of over 5000 plants.
- Assisting with Watering, fertilizing and spraying plants.
- Cashier and Customer Service; giving plant care advice, answering telephone inquiries.
- Unpacking and pricing product, set up, cleaning and maintaining displays.
- Tasks and responsibilities change from season to season.
- Hours of work will vary with the seasons; flexibility is required.
- Plant knowledge is required
- Grower Experience is required
- Recent Cashier experience
- Customer service experience
- Able to give instruction to seasonal staff
- Assisting where needed in all areas
- Reliable, hard working & physically fit
- Able to multitask, self-motivated
- Able to work independently & on a team
- Reliable transportation & driver’s license
- Basic computer skills are beneficial
- Pesticide Application License an asset
Career Position Perks of joining Belgian’s team:
Benefits package available after 9 months of full-time employment
Staff discount (to feed your passion for plants!)
Join a great team of plant people!