Grower’s Assistant / Greenhouse Labourer
Full Time, Year Round Position – Experience Required.
This year-round position also includes assisting where needed in all areas of our operation. As a member of our growing team, tasks will include, but are not limited to; growing, unloading trucks and carts, basic greenhouse maintenance, deliveries, pricing, and transplanting. We are looking for a friendly individual with recent growing experience. This position also includes snow removal, cleaning plants, maintaining displays and providing customers with accurate information for continued gardening success.
- Knowledgeable in growing a wide variety of bedding plants and able to provide care for them including watering, fertilizing and pest control.
- Crops include assisting with 1 acre of annuals for retail sales, primula, and occasional care of perennials and houseplants.
- General repair & greenhouse maintenance; plumbing, electric, etc. as required.
- Tasks and responsibilities changes from season to season.
- Hours of work will vary with the seasons as well; flexibility is required.
- Similar growing experience
- Grower Experience is required
- Plant knowledge is required
- Pesticide application license required
- Greenhouse maintenance & repair exp.
- Electrical & plumbing beneficial
- Able to give instruction to seasonal staff
- Tractor and forklift experience
- Customer service experience
- Reliable, hard working & physically fit
- Able to multitask, self motivated
- Able to work independently & on a team
- Reliable transportation & drivers license is required
Assisting where needed in all areas
Career Position Perks of joining Belgian’s team:
Benefits package available after 9 months of full-time employment
Staff discount (to feed your passion for plants!)
Join a great team of plant people!