Family owned and operated in Breslau, Ontario since 1959.
Belgian Nursery is a specialized greenhouse destination for the community and a landmark known for providing healthy plants and expertise in a lush and beautiful setting.
We aim to grow and provide top quality plants for both indoor and outdoor gardens, while creating a unique environment for people of all ages to enjoy. We are open year-round; our hours and product selection change with the seasons.
The story of Belgian Nursery is a story of growth: the growth of a family, the growth of a community, and the growth of the beautiful plants that unite them. As we continue to evolve, it is our deep roots that allow us to thrive by maintaining a tradition that embraces growth, change, and creativity. We look forward to many more decades together celebrating plants and the people who love them.
Our Plants & Products:
We’re proud to provide quality plants for our community. Belgian Nursery carries the following plants & Products:
- Tropical Houseplants (Year Round)
- Cacti & Succulents (Year Round)
- Orchids & Bonsai (Year-Round)
- Annuals (May - June)
- Vegetable Plants (May)
- Perennials (April – Oct)
- Fresh Potted Herbs (April - June)
- Decorative Pots
- Clay & Plastic Pots & Saucers
- Garden & Home Decor
- Gardening Supplies such as fertilizers , insecticides, and hand tools.
- Bagged Soils, Stones & Mulch
- Seeds & Seed Starting Supplies
Discontinued Plants & Products:
To streamline our offerings, we no longer carry the following products:
- Artificial Christmas Trees & Décor
- Cut Flowers & Mixed Bunches
- Artificial Flowers
Facts about Belgian Nursery:
- There are presently 97,500 square feet (2.16 acres) of total growing area on 16 acres of property.
- Glass-covered heated buildings cover 32,400 square feet.
- The gutter-connected poly houses cover 41,312 square feet.
- The individual poly houses (Hoop Houses) cover 8,640 square feet.
- The outside growing area covers 15,000 square feet.
- We have a 5,400 square foot greenhouse dedicated to cacti and succulents.
- We grow annuals and some perennials.
- Other space is used for display areas such as our pond, gazebo and various annual and perennial flower beds which serve as living displays of our plants products.
- We ship in tropical houseplants, cacti, perennials, vines, and some annuals.
- Greenhouses are heated by hot water coming from 5 gas fired boilers that can produce 20 million BTUs.
- Water is supplied from 2 deep wells and is routed through a system to adjust pH levels and add water-soluble fertilizers for our crops.
- Hanging baskets are watered by drip irrigation. All other plants are watered by hand with hoses.